Some hotels are worth the price (Wynn Las Vegas)...others not (Hotel Vitale)...Where to start on this one?
1) Supposedly iPod jacks in all the rooms (website says so)...well guess what...only in the 3 suites....conceirge suggestion...go buy yourself some speakers....well i normally bring them but didn't because your website said you had this feature
2) multiple design flaws in the room (at $400 a night should there be?)....drawers of bureau crash into sitting couch unless you push couch against the wall, unsightly wires and crap under the writing desk visible from the bed, opening in shower glass to reach handle of shower allows water to splash all over the toilet, shower stall allows water to leak out to bathroom floor, featured 'bath salts and foams' when the bathroom has only a shower...huh?
3) mattress uncomfortable.....again at $400/night????
4) at turn down service, they take your used towels (good) but don't replace them with fresh ones (bad)
5) pushing the "spa" big time on the web...."spa" = 2 massage rooms.....and two soaker tubs outside....the soaker tubs are nice BUT when you sign-up they talk about refreshing fruit platter....try a slice of orange and 3 blueberries...
6) no taxi stand at hotel, so a) you wait forever and b) they won't call a cab when you call down from your room, c) the restaurant churns out tons of guests in the hotel line-up so you wait even longer, d) i hailed all the cabs myself
7) they screwed up our breakfast order....had to wait for the replacement, the hotel said it would be on us...fine since the whole breakfast was cold by the time the second entree arrived AND what they meant by "on us" was the one entree..... while the rest of the meal was cold.
9) this stay was during the "no liquids" on planes period...i had shipped my toiletries to the hotel....they were there waiting and at departure I had the concierge ship them back to Seattle....instead of either charging me (that's okay) or picking up the $6 themselves (on a $1600 hotel bill...the ritz has done more) they actually wrote "delivery refused return to sender" on the package and made UPS return it on their nickel...give me a break!
10) did i mention poor service in the cocktail lounge?
11) so one positive, yes the design is cool...but if it isn't a pleasant stay what's the point?