Dr. Clifford Daugherty, Superintendent.
Since 1960, Valley Christian Schoolsâ€™ â€œQuest for Excellenceâ€ has been evident both inside the classroom and out in the community. With its strong foundation of Christian Values, the school challenges students from kindergarten on up through high school to discover their God-given talents expressed in A3: Academic Excellence, Artistic Beauty, and Athletic Excellence.Â Accredited by both ACSI and WASC, Valley Christian takes pride in its top-notch facilities that are among the finest in Californiaâ€”two campuses, an extensive sports complex, and the new 46,000 square foot Conservatory of the Arts (music, theatre, dance and visual arts) center. The Applied Math, Science and Engineering Institute, embracing all grade levels, assists students of high ability to enjoy unique opportunities.
No other private school system in the South Bay Area has the breath of academic, extracurricular and spiritual growth offerings found in Valley Christian Schools, with each of these programs naturally feeding into the next level (elementary, junior high and high school) so that student achievement is maximized.Â Â
In addition, Valley Christian's emphasis on weaving a biblical worldview throughout all the academic coursework and extracurricular activities is quite unique.
Graduating students from Valley Christian Schools can expect to manifest:
- A personal understanding of the Christian faith and values as found in the Bible and reflected in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Â
- An ability to think critically, solve problems effectively and draw conclusions from research, personal analysis and investigation. Â
- Competence in academic disciplines that will enable them to pursue the university and career goal to which they aspire. Â
- The interpersonal skills needed to work cooperatively and effectively with others, including those of other cultures.
With its strong foundation of Christian Values and its Quest for Excellence,Valley Christian Schools challenge students from kindergarten through high school to discover their God-given talents expressed in A3: Academic Excellence,Artistic Beauty,and Athletic Excellence.
- Fully Comprehensive,Co-Ed Kindergarten - 12th Grade program,resulting in one of the most highly-regarded private schools in the San Jose/Silicon Valley area.
- Extensive College Prep with the largest selection of honors & AP courses.Â Graduates are accepted into top universities throughoutÂ the United States.
- Vital campus spiritual life with Bible classes,weekly chapel,community service.Â A biblical worldview is woven throughout academic coursework and extracurricular activities.
- Students with diagnosed learning disabilities may receive special therapy and/or classroom support.
- Applied Math,Science and Engineering Institute with major and minor designations,mentoring program by local area scientists and researchers,K-12 emphasis.
- 2011 Intel School of Distinction and Star Innovator award winner.
- International Space Station experiments program is first in the world to place high school student-designed cube lab experiments on the ISS.
- Unique Conservatory of the Arts program,featuring major and minor programs for students with abilities/interest in music,theatre,dance,visual arts and cinematic arts,K-12 emphasis.
- Scientific labs with advanced research access,nano-technology lab,nationally recognized robotics program,K-12 emphasis.
- Central Coast Section winning athletic programs (over 54 high school team sports,22 teams in junior high,and Little Warriors sports program for elementary).
- Band,Jazz Band,Worship Band,Choral,Strings program,K-12,with renowned music faculty.
- Nationally awarded Theatre program,K-12 .
- Active student missions and outreach program serving children and adults both locally and internationally.
- International Student (I-20,F-1 visa) program .
- Extended Day Care
- Student busing throughout the South Bay Area .
- Needs-based financial grants makes the best in Christian education more affordable than ever.