The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
The Good is fairly obvious (and also short). The Good is explained the second you walk into the leasing office - great location, great roof deck, and a somewhat decent price (only if you get one that has been newly renovated with crappy fixtures). The front office staff is nice as well, though completely overwhelmed by needing to toe the company line of a veeerrrrry crappy company.
1. Noise - The Rockstar Lounge next door thumps so loudly that you cannot sleep on the fifth floor, even with earplugs and a white noise machine. Management doesn't care.
2. Noise - Plan on being ""in the club"" as your neighbors listen to base music much too loud for a 60 year old building to contain.
3. Maintenance - Average at best. Our disposal still doesn't work, our carpet installed stains without spills occurring, and the common areas are brutal. The front doors break once a month and take two days to fix - how about a new set of doors made for the usage?
4. Elevators - Break constantly, are slow, and are often reserved.
5. Pigeons - will wake you up constantly, because the building does nothing to mitigate them.
6. Laundry - The machines don't work half the time and the cards take your money. Expect to pay about double, and don't expect management to care - it's an outside company so why should they worry about it?
7. Water - Sometimes works great. Sometimes is all hot or all cold. Cold is common, especially if you need to go to work when normal people go to work. About every 4 months or so, expect there to be no water at all.
1. Management - If a bill is $1.27 underpaid, you get a notice immediately. If they need access, you get a notice immediately. If you overpay by $100, request service, or do most anything else, they have no process whatsoever. It's quite amazing. The front office people are very nice, but the head property manager and Greystar are the worst I've ever seen in 20 years of being both a tenant and landlord.
2. Windows - We have been here 14 months (long story, but we regretfully renewed) and the windows haven't been cleaned YET. Oh, and the pidgeon good and hair is all over...because of no cleaning.
3. The Sales Pitch - DO NOT BELIEVE THERE WILL BE AN ADDED FITNESS FACILITY. This has been told to every new tenant for the last 14 months. First is was a gym addition and then a yoga studio...regardless....it ain't happening.
4. Mold - The bathrooms are old and have zero ventilation. Prepare to fight mold.
5. Any Management Services - Expect weekends to be a nightmare. Snow? You'll be wading through slush and black ice until Monday afternoon. Homeless guy sleeping in the Lincoln Doorway? Give him a cracker, because he'll be there awhile. Puke in the elevator? Take the stairs...it ain't leavin'.