Wow, just wow.. absolutely horrible experience with Dr. Laptop. Absolutely cannot recommend.
I sent in my 2008 unibody MacBook Pro to get the screen replaced and one of the fans. They told me that both fans, the screen, battery and the HDD needed replacing.. for $700. Pretty steep but it was in their possession now and they had already taken a $50 retainer. A month and a half later I receive my MBP.
- The Power Adapter was missing - it takes a further two weeks for them to send it, so I could not my MBP within this time. I had to call them SIX TIMES before I got someone helpful and even then it was only a nice online support staff member who actually got my issue resolved.
- They replaced the HDD but charged me for installing the OS and backing up all my files even though they had DONE NO SUCH THING. I had to wait two weeks for a HDD with all of backed up files. I had a back up, but on principle complained as they charged me for backing up the files.
- The right fan is VERY noisy and is at a constant 3000 RPMs. ALL my emails asking about this have been IGNORED, just like when I complained about my power adapter.
- The LEFT fan isn't even installed even though they charged me for it! At the very least, it's not working and my Fan Control software tells me it never goes above 0 RPM.
- The right side of the screen wasn't glued on properly and is FALLING OFF.
- The ONLY plus side is that my screen does look nice and crisp.. WHEN ITS NOT FALLING OFF ON THE SIDE.
Absolutely atrocious service. Cannot recommend them at all. Seriously, how are these people even still in business?