JavaScript is not enabled.
This was the worst motel I've ever stayed in. - Review by crystal w | Budget Inn

Budget Inn

Claim

This was the worst motel I've ever stayed in. 10/15/2006

One of my old friends and myself rented a room here because she is moving to Arizona in less than two weeks and we decided to have an old fashion slumber party. We were not sure if her sister would be staying the night so when the lady asked us how many people would be staying at first I said three then my friend said that it would probably only be us two. The female owner then says to us"if a bunch of people are staying in the room and you do not tell us we can kick you out without a refund". By a bunch of people I'm assuming she means if we invite 5 or 6 people over and we get loud or cause some type of problem. So I paid for the room when we got into our room I was stiffened by the smell of mold,smoke,and filth. Underneath the sink there was a square piece of rotted sheet rock,a foot give or take in length and width, lying in the floor and in the wall there were visible leaking pipes covered in mildew and mold. The sink had cigarette burns all in it, the back to the commode wasn't on and there were cigarette burns on it, the shower floor was covered in a gray film, only one light worked in the actual room all of the others were missing bulbs or they were shot, there was no clock,no soap,everything was covered with dust the bed, the carpet wasn't attached to the floor when you walked on it in your socks the bottoms were covered in dirt. You would think we would've asked for another room but we wanted to go shopping before the mall closed and didn't have time to fool with it we figured we would just use the mall's bathroom and get up early to go home and shower. Well, my friend's sister did decide to come and so the three of us went to eat and came back to the room to sleep we didn't even talk or anything once back in the room we were all so tired we were asleep by 11pm.Then awaken at 4am sweating because the power was flickering on and off and it must have done something to the heater because the smell of something burning was coming from it and it had to have been 90 degrees in there. We couldn't get it to turn off or even down we had sweat so much I was sticky, dehydrated, my blood sugar had dropped and we all smelled. So we had to risk the shower we all wore our flip flops in it though. We only had two towels and two washcloths one of which I used the night before to wipe my mouth on after brushing my teeth. So after myself and my sister's friend took our showers we were out of linens. I went up to the desk to ask for one towel and one wash cloth and the same lady from the night before refused to let me have another because she said we only needed one towel and one washcloth each. I proceeded to be very calm and asked her "are you really refusing to let me have another towel and washcloth?" before she answered me the telephone rang and she picks it up and ignores me standing there (keep in mind there was no one else at the desk but her and myself she didn't appear to be busy at all) as I waited I noticed the health score for their motel. Imagine my surprise when it said 93! The health inspector must have either been blind with no sense of smell or they didn't do their job very well. I just turned and went back to my room (#112) got my things and we packed up and left very appalled at the not only the condition of our room but also how disrespectful, rude, and inhospitable we had been treated. Growing up I was taught to be warm, friendly, and attentive to the needs of a house guest so it baffles me when I paid for these services and we were robbed of them. We felt awkward and it was almost as if they did not want our business at all. Just for the record the price of the room would've been the same regardless of the number of people who stayed the night. I would advise everyone to be weary of this motel. more
SPRING SALE!!!:
20% OFF all yearly plans
Use spring at checkout. Expires 6/30/2018