It would be BestBuy without a doubt and it would take me about 5 minutes. I'd walk in and get the biggest plasma High Definition TV I could buy with that money.
I chose bestbuy over other stores for several reasons.
1) They have a good selection - some stores will have higher end things but bestbuy eliminates the bottom of the barrel as well and gives a great mid to upper middle quality range.
2) Their salespeople are non commission. They don't care what you buy because it doesn't affect their paycheck. That means they are less likely to sell you something you don't need just for their own sake
3) Accessories - They have a great assortment of remote controls, speakers, wiring and all the other "necessities" to go with your later electronics purchase
4) Service plans - Of all the service/replacement plans I've experienced, they have the best. The fine print on the policy is geared toward the consumer and is reasonably priced considering how well it covers the product and the ease of use should something go wrong.
5) Look of the store - they are cutting edge in the products the sell, the departments are organized nicely and the stores are kept neat and clean.
I used to work at a bestbuy because I liked the way the company was run and even seeing the "behind the scenes" perspective of it all, it's not a scam. Best company in its market, hands down!