We have to stay two nights here in the Courtyard Marriott because the Fairfield Inn was overbooked. Let's just say, we are checking out tomorrow to go back to the Fairfield. lol
Even though these two hotels are adjacent to one another, they are very different. You can read my other review of the Fairfield Inn.
But here are some pros and cons of the Courtyard:
1. Indoor swimming pool
2. Beautiful lobby
3. Quick check-in, nice staff.
4. Large windows, ample sunlight in guestroom.
5. Two phones in the room.
1. You have to pay for breakfast.
2. The guestrooms are extremely awkward (at least room 327 is) so I didn't have the at home feeling you would expect from Marriott hotels.
The TV is to the immediate left of the bed. So you have to break your neck to watch TV in bed.
All the lamps use circular fluorescent tubes which makes for ugly lighting.
The bathroom is so tiny. If you have the door open you can't get into the shower. The dark blue shower curtain makes the bathroom even darker. I guess it's nice if you like to shower in the dark. lol.
The toilet is so powerful (which can be a pro if you are trying to flush an entire roll of toilet paper) but it's so loud that it startles you when you flush. Prepare to be blown away lol. Very scary when you are making a mid-night run to the restroom. lol. The toilet can wake everyone up.
3. Wireless internet can't be accessed from the third floor, so you have to use the ethernet cable and stay near the work desk.
So if you had a choice, stay at the nearby Fairfield. It's the same price and you get free breakfast! : )