I rushed my dog to Midway after he ate some chocolate and I was unsuccessful in inducing vomiting with hydrogen peroxide.
Some background: My dog is 13 y.o. and has a complicated case of IBD. I have spent tens-of-thousands of dollars in the last 7 months taking him to specialists at CVRC in Annapolis for treatment (including surgery). He has also been to the emergency clinic there three times over the same period. I also have toiled on the internet doing research -- just so that I can ask informed questions about my dog's disease.
But I have been unhappy with the care he's received from CVRC. It's dispassionate, removed and rushed. And they have not successfully treated his IBD. So I decided to take a leap of faith and bring him to Midway last night.
I am SO GLAD I did. Dr. T saw my dog immediately. His temperature had plummeted and he was in shock. His abdomen was distended. She induced vomiting, started him on IV fluids and got him stabilized. He stayed the night under her watchful eyes.
Dr. T. performed an ultrasound, took x-rays and did a complete lab profile on him. She was in constant contact with me throughout the long night.... reassuring this very, very worried mom that everything was going to be OK.
Upon picking-up my dog this afternoon I spoke with Dr. T. at length about my little guy's disease. She offered the most detailed, thorough, thoughtful evaluation of his diagnosis that I have ever received. She went through treatment protocols, including supplements, diets, and medicines with me.
I also toured the facility -- including the cages, recovery rooms, operating room, ultrasound, radiography equipment, lab area, etc. This is a state-of-the-art facility, for sure.
I will now enlist Dr. T. as my go-to emergency vet AS WELL AS my primary care vet for my dog AND my two cats.
I am a neurotic pet owner. I love these little creatures with all my heart. And my only desire is for them to have the very best care possible. I have 100% confidence that Dr. T. will give them that.