Most of the reviews I have read on Judy's book give outstanding recommendations for restaurants. Portland can actually be a rather big place... so it may depend on what part of town you will be in... but here are a few of my favorites...
1. NW 21st and 23rd... Almost any restaurant along these streets is worth a try.
2. Greek Cuisine downtown is worth the eating and entertaining experience.
3. In the Hawthorn area, Barley Mill Pub or Bridgeport Brewery are both great hang out pubs with friendly atmospheres.
4. Adobe Rose is a must visit in the Sellwood area.
5. Any Typhoon restaurant around the area… there are a couple to choose from… if you love Thai food!