We went to the Mall of America for The Park After Dark this past weekend. Over this "creepy" holiday, the Mall has opened a Creepy Cafe inside of The Park at MOA - it looked quick so we tried it out. Well - this was seriously the worst restaurant experience I have ever had!
- There was a wait - even though there were many open tables. I understand that sometimes happens in a restaurant because they don't have servers for that section - but that didn't seem to be the case.
- The server was rude to us. Before we even sat down - we were getting our daughter settled in her high chair and getting our coats off. The server quickly came over and told me to immediately move my stroller because it was a fire hazard. It was pretty obvious I wasn't going to leave it where it was - it was right in the middle of the aisle.
- Then she asked if we were ready to order (before we even sat down). Obviously we hadn't even looked at the menu yet. Then when she did take our order she never asked us what we wanted to drink.
- The food did come quickly. My daughter's grilled cheese sandwich was actually pretty good too.
- I ordered a garden salad with my burger - the salad was wilted and some pieces were brown or rotten.
- Then our burgers came - mine was still raw even though I ordered it well done. I sent it back and they did cook it further. But I took a bite and the bun tasted old (it had a moldy flavor) and the meat tasted slimy. I ended up not eating it. The server never asked why and never offered anything off the meal because of the raw burger.
- Then as my husband was filling out the tip on the slip, the server had the nerve to come pick up our plates and look right over his shoulder directly at the tip line on the slip.
I would NEVER eat at this restaurant again. It was by far the worst restaurant experience I have ever had!
Here is a link to the info about the Park After Dark and the Creepy Cafe at the Mall of America.