We’ve really struggled in the past trying to find contractors we could trust. We’ve done a master bathroom remodel and a full basement remodel, and each time we had to go through the process of finding a good contractor to work with (both with limited success). When it came time to do our exterior project (new siding w/ brick, deck, and porch), we were dreading having to go through the process of finding a contractor yet again. It’s so hard to know who the “good guys” really are. Well we can definitely say that Frank and Larry are the good guys. Our experience working with them, as well as the different work crews they brought in, was extremely positive.
These are just a few of the reasons:
• They were responsive. Whether it was a phone call, an email message, or stopping by the house, both Frank and Larry were extremely responsive from the moment we called them for the quote to the time we made the final payment.
• They knew cost was a concern for us and were very up front when they thought what we were asking for wasn’t really needed or worth the expense.
• They were very clear about the products being used and how the installation would work. There were no surprises.
• They were patient with us and our indecisiveness. They heard us out on every concern; entertaining the various debates we were having on how to handle different situations.
• The guys doing the work took their time. They made sure every detail was right and didn't rush through the job just to grab their money and move onto the next project. This was so refreshing.
• They pointed out things that needed fixing even though it created more hassle for them.
• When they came upon something they were debating on, they’d let us know. They’d come right out and tell us “we could do it this way or that way…your house is designed kind of crummy… so here’s our struggle.”
We’ve had other contractors outright lie to us when they didn’t want to do something because it was harder and would take longer. We’ve had contractors get angry – literally red in the face, stomp your feet, arms up in the air, angry - when we’d ask questions about the work they were doing or wanted to know if there was a different option (even when we were more than willing to pay for the alternative). We’ve had contactors disappear for weeks on end, not responding to our phone calls or emails (even though the project was supposed to start weeks ago…).
Frank and Larry may not be the lowest bidder on your project, but we guarantee you’ll get the best result. We know we’d rather pay a little more to get a quality product. Trust us, we made the terrible mistake of going with a different contractor for ½ of our project (deck and porch) and regretted it almost immediately. In fact, we ended up having Frank and Larry redo a portion of the work because we were so unhappy. They were extremely helpful, and although we ended up paying twice for the work, it was worth it. And the price was very reasonable.
We know how difficult it is to find a good contractor…you really don’t know who is out to simply take your money and could care less about the quality of their work. We can 100% get behind the work and integrity of North Central Builders, a.k.a “The Siding Guys”. We know because we’ve been there…we’ve struggled and debated…had confrontations with bad contractors…known that we’d been taken advantage of…and it’s not a good feeling. So save yourself the hassle. Give them a call. We guarantee you’ll get a fair price and will love the work.