We had an outrageous experience at the Noisy Oyster!
At the onset of ordering, I informed the waitress that my daughter had experienced a significant allergic reaction to shell-fish in the past and therefore, I did not want any of her food touching anything that was cooked in or near shell-fish; nor did I want any utensils used in the preparation of her food that were also used to prepare shell-fish.
Two onion rings and 3 french fries into my daughter's dinner she turned to me and said she felt sick. She was as white as a sheet. She excused herself to the restroom but did not vomit as she thought she would. When she returned to the table, she told me her lips felt numb, her tongue felt swollen and she was covered in hives. I immediately beckoned the Manager and asked if they cook everything in the same oil that they do their shellfish. With an incredible attitude he said, ""well, yeah""! I was furious~and told him that my daughter was having an anaphylactic reaction to the food. His comment was: ""Well you should have informed your waitress"", at which time our waitress appeared and told the manager that she knew. The manager then told me that if I needed benedryl, that there was a Harris Teeter down the road.
After a trip to the emergency room, a life-threatening increase in my young daughter's blood pressure, shots of prednisone and oral medications, my daughter remained terribly sick for nearly a week and a half.
I contacted the restaurant for a return call from the owner, of which I never received. This near-death experience and lack of compassion from the manager and his staff have left us in a state of shock. It amazes me that this restaurant remains with their doors open when they continue to be rude, unkind, uncaring and deliberate in their mismanagement.
I am hoping that by writing this, others will become aware and will heed the messages set before them. There are numerous other restaurants in the area to eat at, do not gamble with your life at this one!
You can bet your last dollar that the Noisy Oyster will never see us walking through their doors again!!!