To fully appreciate my review, I need loads of space...but for now here is the short and sweet (bitter?) review of this Inn & Spa:
1. Confusion at check-in with inexperienced staff
2. Plenty of on-site parking (3 uncovered spots) is a bit overstated, most parking is on a public street.
3. Staff used offensive language, like the f-word, during an in-room repair call
4. Fireplace burned out during romantic interlude and ruined the mood
5. Window lever was broken
6. Shower head was broken
7. Staff did not clean off appetizer platter after guest broke wine glass over it (and later a guest bit into some glass shards).
8. Loud noise outside at 10pm (bar patrons, birds, cars, freeway) made it a less than relaxing getaway
9. Early morning cleanup by staff (7:15am) in the hallway made "sleeping in" impossible
10. Jets were pointed up on our jacuzzi tub, which caused water to go everywhere
11. TV/DVD lacked an instructions page in room guide
12. Perimeter doors were found unlocked on a few occassions
13. Room temperature could not be controlled (no central heat/air), less we opened the window (but then we wrestled with the noise outside).
14. 9am breakfast trays were still piled up on the community kitchen counter at 12:20pm.
15. Plasma TV was "pixelated" due to a lack of HDTV programming.
16. After we changed rooms due to the jacuzzi fiasco, the management made us feel responsbile for them not aiming the jets down or warning us first with a simple sign.
After all that they only offered a 20% refund just the lodging costs...the spa treatment ($240) was not included in the refund.
1. Free breakfast was tasty and filling
2. Free wine & cheese hour was a nice touch
3. Upscale decor & linens
4. Excellent on-site massages
5. King-size bed was comfy
Bottom line: Not recommended...and for the ridiculous prices, you're better off staying at the Sheraton Grand or Hyatt Regency.