Do yourself a favor and google Cedar Hills Rec Center and Mold. I don't know what it is about this name, but the Cedar Hills Rec Center in Beaverton, Oregon also has a major mold problem, and it came very close to killing at least one person. And eight years later, she is STILL trying to get her health back because of it!
Public buildings- all buildings- should be required by law to be safe. One of the first signs of a mold problem is the smell. I bet the employees have chronic sinus infections, colds and flus. Wouldn't be surprised if they have asthma too, another sure sign of living with mold. Mold in kids causes asthma, depression, behavioral problems, ADD, learning disabilities, cancer...shall I go on?
Save yourselves and your children and get the place shut down, destroyed and replaced by a healthy building. Demand it! There is no excuse to have a moldy building in your community! Make your representatives accountable. After all, isn't that what you pay them for?