This hasn't been my favorite veterinary experience, and I've had many.\r
We first met Dr. Shreiber when we rescued a cockateil from a nearby park that had been attacked by a hawk. I would hope that a vet would consider not charging if this was clearly a rescue situation - we brought the mangled bird in wrapped in a jacket.\r
The bird had parasites & I had two cockateils at home already, so we decided to treat him. I wasn't made aware of any potential risks of this medicine & I did as I was instructed which was to put the medicine in the birds' water. My beloved cockateil that I had had for years & years became weak after a day of teh medication in the water & ended up passing away suddenly the following day.\r
Had I been warned about the possible side effects (which, after some research, are fairly common) I would have known to take some action when my bird first seemed off.