Videos
Reviews
( 13 )
( 1 )
( 2 )
( 0 )
( 1 )

Best

I've been going to this place since the day they opened in 2005. I highly recommend this place for their customer service and great threading results. Mona is amazing!!!! Pros:...

Worst

I had my brows threaded here and it was a great experience so when I noticed that their brazilian waxes were a little cheaper than my regular place, I decided to give it a whirl. ...

Editorial review from Citysearch 4/9/2014

Yes this is the greatest threading salon in NYC\r I also recomend all my firends here. I love always have a great time and no waiting. more

Greatest threading salon! 12/5/2009

I've been going to this place since the day they opened in 2005. I highly recommend this place for their customer service and great threading results. Mona is amazing!!!! Pros: Gorgeous eyebrows! more

clean & courteous 12/1/2009

Great place for threading! The staff is always friendly, place is spotless and their services are wonderful. A great neighborhood find! more

Best Threading in the NYC 11/18/2009

Maria is hands down the best eyebrow shaper in the NYC!! I only let Maria do my threading & I have recommended many of my friends also. The other ladies are always so nice everytime I go in there also. Pros: Efficient & Skillful more

Wonderful! 11/17/2009

Maria is amazing! Everyone is so nice! I have been going there for years and will never go anywhere else. Pros: best salon more

LOVE this place! 11/5/2009

I love THREAD! I have been going here for years. The salon is clean, modern and sophisticated and the ladies are very professional. They'll make sure to thread your eyebrows to look good on with your facial features. I tried waxing twice and will never ever do it again. Threading is less painful and controlled, there is never an oops moment like in waxing. The prices are a steal and I love the way my eyebrows look after each session. Pros: BEST threading in town with awesome atmophere more

Highly recommended!!! 9/24/2009

Had two horrible eye brow waxing experiences and decided to try threading. I was a little nervous, but after reading the reviews on citysearch and then realizing that this place was directly around the corner from my job, i took a chance and am very satisfied with the end result. Mona did my eye brow threading and it took about 5/7 minutes. She was very nice, helped me relax, and I ended up with nicely shaped eyebrows in the end. I also used the coupon special advertised on this site for $5 and I plan to visit Thread monthly from now on. Pros: Fast, inexpensive, efficient! Cons: NONE! more

I highly recommend this place. 6/23/2009

This was my first time having my eyebrows threaded. I chose to go to Thread after reading many positive reviews on Citysearch. I was not disappointed. The lady who did my eyebrows did a wonderful job. I literally said ""Wow"" after sitting up and looking at myself in the mirror. I could not have been happier with the experience, and I will definitely be going back. Pros: My eyebrows look amazing now. more

Perfect threading experience 10/31/2008

I make the 30min trip to Thread every Thursday from the UES because it is worth it!!! Pros: Skill, Price & Staff more

I love Thread 1/9/2008

This place is awesome! They are quick, efficient, and I left without reddness on my face from threading. I have been threaded many times before, but I have never had an experience that was this great. There was no pain involved, and everyones eyebrows look amazing when they leave. Pros: threading and waxing Cons: none! more

Satisfied Customer 11/9/2007

This was my first time at Thread and also the first time having my eyebrows threaded. The staff was very nice. I let her know it was my first time and I didnt want them too thin. She was very nice and explained what she was going to do. They came out great! Pros: Good Service, Good Price more

Best Experience Ever! 8/21/2007

Well after reading the reviews I was a bit skeptical but it's so convenient for me that I had to give it a try..plus everytime I walked by there has always been a slew of people inside waiting to get their brows done...also they have been featured in alot of magazines so I wanted to try for myself....and boy is it worth the wait!...they look amazing and I feel sorry for the other other posters who had a bad experience but I found the staff so nice and responsive...more so than any other nail or threading salon I've been to. Pros: great eyebrows, awesome staff, great music Cons: always busy more

Worst Waxing Experience Ever 8/10/2007

I had my brows threaded here and it was a great experience so when I noticed that their brazilian waxes were a little cheaper than my regular place, I decided to give it a whirl. I ended up getting off the table and shooing the woman away from my crotch. I'm not sure if it was the quality of the wax or her sheer ineptitude but she managed to cause me a great deal of pain without actually removing all my hair. Then she had the audacity to tell me that I had the wrong kind of hair for waxing so therefore it was my fault. I'll never set foot in that place again. Pros: good eyebrows Cons: brazilian waxing nightmare more

Average 7/12/2007

At first they were a little rude because I asked if I could use a credit card, and they said their machine was down. But I went to the atm anyways because I desperately needed to get my eyebrows right there and then. They did do a good job, but I wasn't pleased with the customer service. Pros: Good job Cons: Poor customer service more

Quick, inexpensive and efficient! 6/15/2007

I am soooooooooo glad I found this place!!!!!! I had my eyebrows and upper lip done. I was a little hesitant because the last time I went to have my eyebrows threaded at another place, the woman left one of my eyebrows bigger and wider than the other one. I told this to my technician and she took care of making sure my eyebrows were even and they looked amazing when she was done. She did my lip, this was the first time I'd ever done my upper lip and it was painful but she was quick that it didn't matter that much. My skin felt smooth and silky. I would definetely recommend this place. more

Best Threading Salon in Murray Hill, hands down!!!! 4/5/2007

I used to wax and was then turned on to threading by a friend. I absolutely love this threading salon! It is clean, relaxing and the women there really know what they're doing. Just a side note, they do not accept anything other than cash so come prepared. They even give you these cards that they stamp upon each visit and then on your 7th visit, you get a free eyebrow thread. Two thumbs up for this place! I have sent many of my friends there as well and they all say the same! Definitely worth checking out. Pros: ambience, customer service, cleanliness Cons: They do not accept cc more

Fabulous eyebrows 8/15/2006

I'll never wax again! My eyebrows have never looks so good (and I'm obsessed). the shop is really, really nice, and the women who work there really know what they're doing. Everyone is so friendly. I've been going here for months now and have turned my friend's on to it - they love this place too. Do yourself a favor, forget the wax and head to Thread! more

Nice Eyebrows 7/14/2006

This was my first time to do threading. I loved it. Feels a bit odd at first but much nicer than waxing (no wax burn or hours of irritation). The people were friendly. The salon is very clean and nice inside. Prices are really reasonable, only drawback is that you have to have cash for threading services (they do take credit for any other service). more
< Previous 1 Next >
Summer SALE!!!:
15% OFF all yearly plans
Use year15 at checkout. Expires 1/1/2021

Murray Hill salon specializing in the alternative eyebrow-shaping art form.

Owner Message
  • Thread brings the ancient and traditional art of threading (a hair removal process that is fast, precise and minimally invasive) in a new hip and trendy environment for both women and men. Our threading and waxing professionals specialize in eyebrows and will leave your skin clean and smooth. Thread is an extremely affordable, comfortable and sanitary salon, which also provides body waxing for men and women, facial treatments, massage and henna tattoo art.

Editorial
  • In Short
    Simple and slightly hip, this salon is sliced by a red paint stripe and dotted with paper lanterns. The menu of beauty treatments is of the no-frills and low-tech but effective...

• 5/23/2006 Provided by Citysearch
Additional information
  • Hours: Mon-Sat, 9am-8:30pm; Sun, 10:30am-7:30pm
  • Payments: Master Card, Visa
  • Neighborhoods: Kips Bay, Midtown
badge