Teterboro School of Aeronautics was founded in 1947. From the very beginning the school has helped fill the needs of the rapidly growing Aviation Industry. The original facilities and course were approved for a maximum enrollment of 150 students. Two years later, the course was updated to include two separate courses leading to either the Power plant or the Airframe rating. During the 1950's, with the introduction of the "Jet Age", the facilities were enlarged and the curriculum was expanded to include jet powered aircraft. In July of 1960 the maximum approved enrollment was increased to 300 students. This was later increased to 450 students.
In August of 1971, Teterboro School of Aeronautics decided to expand its role in supplying the Aviation Industry with much needed professional aviation technicians. To meet this need the school moved to a new modern 44,000 square foot facility with suitable shops, classrooms and offices. In June of 1972, a new curriculum was introduced to meet new Federal Aviation Administration requirements. Since then, new equipment has been added, and curriculum changes have been made on a continuous basis to insure students will continue to receive the training needed to be successful as professional Aviation Maintenance Technicians.