Szechwan Garden used to be my favorite restaurant.
Unfortunately, I am compelled to give it a bad review.
The woman who runs the place used to be a real control freak. She would ride the waitresses and make sure they turned the tables over and brought out food quickly. The food was always fantastic, the service exquisite, and I went there often for lunch.
When the woman left and didn't spend as much time there anymore, things fell apart. Literally.
1. The waitress had a surly attitude. She made faces when I asked where the food was (after waiting 45 minutes) and sneered, "Well, it's COOKING." She looked at me like I was some stupid foreigner. Needless to say, there went her tip.
2. The waitress brought dishes out separately, not all together. We weren't the only table she did this to, she did this to all the tables she was serving. Naturally, you're not going to start eating your food if your friends don't have it. This is unprofessional and the hallmark of a bad waitress.
3. The food was lukewarm and tasted a little too salty. As if something "extra" was in it.
4. The fortune cookies were stale. And by stale, I mean extremely stale. When the people at the table next to us complained, the waitress pretended she didn't know what the word "stale" meant. Nice try.
5. When I complained to the person in charge, an older guy, he made all sorts of excuses for the waitress, saying "she's new" and "it was busy" (interesting, it was 3 p.m. and there were only 2 tables full, and no takeout orders) and "we should be more patient."
Bottom line: don't go here. I waited 67 minutes for lunch, and it wasn't even warm. And when I tried to complain, the manager basically told me to shut up. This isn't the same restaurant it used to be. If you like cold food, poor service, sneering waitresses and stale fortune cookies, go here.