Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant health system in the world. It provides high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through its dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity and service management, the hospital is committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient health care services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County and surrounding areas..
Each year,Gordon Hospital re-invests in services,technology and buildings to keep up with the tremendous changes occuring in healthcare on a daily basis. In the last several years,we have:
- opened a new 17,700 square foot Emergency Center with 20 private patient rooms,2 trauma rooms,critical care room and negative pressure room (for diseases like Chicken Pox).
- opened a new 75,000 square expansion,which included:
- completion of 17 new outpatient surgery suites and 2 new operating rooms
- tripled the space for Rehabilitation Services
- tripled the space for Radiology Services
- tripled the Cafeteria space
- added two,new rooms in our maternity center
- added a new instrument-rated helipad
- added a new outpatient registration area
- added four licensed beds
- opened a new Progressive Care and Clinical Decisions Unit
- added a new Urology practice
- opened a new Cancer Resource Center.