Powder River Energy serves 12,100 members and 28,700 meters in a 16,200 square mile area of northeastern Wyoming and southern Montana.
We are the 4th largest, and fastest growing, co-op in the United States by load.
Powder River Energy delivers high quality, low cost electric service to its member-owners while embracing its cooperative values and principles...
Commitment to community
Keeping members first
Affordable and competitive services
Enhanced quality of life for members
Support & development of PRECorp team
Powder River Energy adheres to these seven guiding principles:
1. Voluntary and open membership
2. Democratic member control
3. Members' economic participation
4. Autonomy and independence
5. Education, training, and information
6. Cooperation among cooperatives
7. Concern for community