It can be a great place to spend afternoon and evening at. The problem is, it's WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. You can still live with the price, provided you follow these tips:
- DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, EAT there. Bring your own food and water bottles, refill water as needed.
- DO NOT SHOP. Period. Anything you want there can be had a Hilo Hattie for 1/20th of the price. I fell for that, so trust me.
- GET THERE AT 12 prompt. Otherwise you'll have no time to see all presentations, or try anything at all. There's a LOT to do and see, including IMAX movie and activities - we went straight from one activity to another for 6 hours, and didn't cover half of it! If you have kids, you'll have to come back, period (free within 3 days).
- Best presentation is the one of Samoa. I laughed, I cried, I took pictures, and I'd be ready to see it 3 more times that day. Most informative: Hawaii. Tahiti and Marques ones were B_O_R_I_N_G, no wonder they only do them twice a day.
- DON'T MISS THE EVENING SHOW. 'nuf said.
Now, since you won't eat in the park, you can escape to the nearby Laie point, and see the sunset between the daytime presentations and the evening show. Lovely sights, I tell you :)
Oh, and the Entertainment book for Honolulu has $36 off coupon for the place.