It may seem silly to enthuse about your cleaners, but this woman is like the mom of our block! I once mentioned my street to someone whom I did not know lived in our neighborhood before, and he said "oh! did you use that great cleaner on the corner?" That should tell you a lot. If you live within a few blocks of 84th and Columbus, I think Mrs. Kim is worth the walk.
- she remembers who you are every time you come in, and immediately goes to find your stuff without taking your ticket or having to look it up
- she has put together who my sig-O and I are, so that she knows which order we're there to get, no matter who comes in
- she will store your off-season clothes off the premises for FREE! Free storage in NYC! Wow.
- she will sign for packages if you don't have a doorman, and hold them for you. If you live in one of the local brownstones, this is a lifesaver.
- I find the annual happy holidays lint rollers she gives out to be very cute
- she also does tailoring and alterations
- she is willing to launder women's cotton shirts the same way and same PRICE as a man's shirt. But you have to specify this and tolerate wrinkles from the auto-presser.
Also notable: there used to be a competing cleaners right across 84th street. That place shut down and now it's a dog grooming service. But Mrs. Kim and her Park West Cleaners are still going strong: