1. If you are a non smoker, this is not the place to go. They allow patrons to stand right outside the front door so when you walk in and out, you also walk through the wall of smoke since they allow everyone to stand door side and smoke. The smoke also trails into the bar so I'd say this is not a non-smoking place to go!
2. No waitress service to speak of so have to wait on yourself for drinks, etc... then the bar staff seems inconvenienced when you ask for a drink. They stand off in the back corner of the bar talking and ignoring customers. HEY - Can a patron get a drink!!!???!!!!???
3. Beer was not cold.
4. Staff that is there, not a smile on one of them, very UNfriendly!
5. The lay-out of the whole place is a disaster, like a open warehouse with tables and chairs thrown in random places.
6. Nice stage but this place had a reputation for not wanting to pay the bands (BAR OWNERS WIFE) after they finish their gig or cut them short of their agreed upon price so if you want to play for free or get side swiped when its time to get paid, then go ahead and get booked. Her tactic is to book you, agree on a price then when it comes time to pay you, she comes up with a different agreed upon price then wants to throw it in the bands face why THEY didn't bring enough followers. Even if you bring in 20 - 30 people, that's not enough and somehow she justifies that gives her the right to short change the bands. READ OITHER REVIEWS ON THIS PLACE THAT SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT THE CURRENT OWNERS.
7. I agree with one of the other reviews I came across, this place is a DUMP!!!
8. The 1 descent review on this place - I'm willing to bet the bar owner's wife (Lady Hathor) all of the money she's tried to short change bands for that she wrote that review. Oh, and there are NO HOTTIES working there, that was fabricated or written by someone REALLY drunk.
***Too many other good places to go in Surprise with friendly staff, honest owners, good service and smoking areas that are enforced. This place will never last under the current management... Bye-Bye
PS - if you own a bar/restaurant with live music, it is your job to make sure the talent of the band is what YOU as the owner of the establishment expects. It's like hiring an employee, check references, not that hard to do with a few phone calls people. When you make a deal with a band that takes time out of their life, moves equipment and sets up, performs for 3-4 hours, breaks down and then expects to be paid the agreed upon price, be honest and professional, not to mention a person of your word and pay them, no excuses! If they were not up to your expectations shame on you and don't bring them back, plain and simple.
PSS: the review below mine belongs to someone (the lady - Lady Hathor aka Tammy who does the bookings at the club) with a vested interest in this place (AS DOES THE ONE ABOVE) so NOT A PATRON or a PAYING customer, so take both viewpoints out of consideration and overall the reviews are not good ones.