Emerald City Chimney almost had a wronngful death suit on their hands if it was not for smoke detectors. They installed an uncertified fire insert in a pre-existing open fire place. In doing so, they cut through a heatilator and did not seal it. They installled a pipe in the flu without cleaning it. This allowed creosote to fall on the pipe and stove, ignite/smolder and fill smoke throughout the house through the unsealed heatilator when building a fire in the insert. Frank was great discovering the problem and suggesting solutions. After leaving three phone messages, Roberta confirmed with an email that there would be no cooperation or communication in resolving this issue directly with Emerald City Chimney. Four competing chimney companies observed wrong doing and urged for the Fire Marshal to be called. A lawyer and the county have been notified and documentation and pictures are on file to support this review.