I saw Country Hill Motor?s listing and I saw that the Dealership was on our way home so my husband and I stopped in to look at it. This Jeep had just come on to their lot and shouldn?t have been posted to start things off because they had the bumper off the back to fix a dent and it hadn?t been through the service department to go through their inspection. This wasn?t a deal breaker, if gave us the chance to get a ?raw? look at the Jeep. After looking it over (and not getting to test drive it due to the bumper not being intact) we decided that it might just be the one we were looking for. My husband is a Mechanic, he came across a coolant leak, the brakes needed replaced, new tires were a must & the battery needed replaced or something was drawing the juice from the battery (these finds were somewhat to be expected seeing how it hadn?t been through their service department). We left a deposit to hold the vehicle (we live 3 ? hours from them) I came back to test drive it a week later. After the first time I left there I had a good vibe.
I was promised to over and over and over again that all the problems we pointed out were fixed, they had gone through it all and the salesman had personally driven it several times and it had not problems. I asked the same questions over and over again and looked for the leak, walked around the vehicle and asked if he was sure all the previously talked about mechanical problems had been taken care of, the answer was YES not only yes but I do not want you to drive a way in anything less than I would want my own daughter to drive a way in. So stupidly coming from a small town I thought that when someone promised to do something they would do what they promised, boy did they see me coming.
1. They didn?t fix the leak and sure enough it was coolant.
2. The battery died on me with in two days (they did put a new one in it) but failed to see that the starter was going out which caused the battery to loose juice over a night.
3. After having the bumper off for 3 days they failed to put back up the trailer connecter wires for the hitch.
4. The Auto darkening lights weren?t working (when my mechanic, not my husband, hooked the computer up to trouble shoot it, it was due to a loose connection) how hard was that to find?
5. I love this??well you can drive back here and we will fix it for free? yah well this should have been done before we picked it up! I?m not driving 6 hours for you to fix something that you should have done in the first place. (they did agree to let me take it to my mechanic and they would pay for it, but it has taken me 2-3 weeks to get it resolved , my jeep sat in the drive way for 1 week and at the shop for another, and it took multiple calls to get anything done.)
6. When I left I was promised that within a week I would have the spare key they sent off for and a service report in the mail. I haven?t seen my key or my report. A month later when I asked about the key (after we got the mechanics figured out) I was told there was no such mention of a key.
There are good people there and they will help you, but it seems that their word is lacking. Promises aren?t kept and when you call them out on it they will send you on a wild goose chase and apologize the entire way. Enough Apologizing why don?t you do something about it! So if you are looking to buy from them stick to your guns, make sure they do what they say and don?t leave that lot till you are 100% sure they have done everything they promised! It?s like pulling teeth to get things corrected after words, so if you want to avoid the run around go somewhere else, if you want a challenge then by all means try your hand a buying a car from here. I love my Jeep it will last me a long time and be a good vehicle for me and my future family, now that my hometown Mechanic has taken care of all the things they didn?t!