- They carry a wide variety of premium foods and non-clay litters, most of which are unavailable at chain pet stores.\r
- You can get some good deals with their sales flyer/coupons (e.g. $7.99 for Swheat Scoop litter that normally costs $12.99).\r
- Some of their normal prices are quite high compare to other local pet stores.\r
- The friendliness of the staff is a inconsistent - sometimes they can be attentive and nice and other times they ignore you completely because they are too busy chatting with other staffers.\r
- Some of the staff is math challenged. For example, I was overcharged once and it took me and a 3rd person several minutes to convince the cashier that 3 x $8 = $24 and not $34.\r
- My biggest complaint is that the staff seems to know little to nothing about the products they sell. I've asked a variety of questions about products from the food they carry to the litterboxes they sell and they always seem clueless. I don't expect the staff to be experts but I've asked fairly simple, straightforward questions that I think they should be able to answer by just working there for more than 2 weeks. Since Urban Tails opened on Beverly, I prefer to shop there because their staff, especially the owner, is much more helpful and knowledgeable about the products they carry.
Pros: wide variety of premium foods & litter, great deals with store flyer
Cons: inconsistent customer service, staff knowledge of products