JavaScript is not enabled.
California Window & Fireplace - 8 Reviews - 2096 Winchester Blvd, Campbell, CA - Construction & Repair Reviews - Phone (408) 379-9930

California Window & Fireplace

Claim
marker
2096 Winchester Blvd
Campbell, CA 95008
marker
(408) 379-9930
Incorrect info? Correct your listing

Photos

California Window & Fireplace - Campbell, CA
California Window & Fireplace - Campbell, CA
California Window & Fireplace - Campbell, CA
California Window & Fireplace - Campbell, CA

Reviews

( 0 )
( 3 )
( 2 )
( 0 )
( 3 )

Best

After checking with friends for referrals and price comparisons, we used California Window and Fireplace in San Jose (on Winchester Blvd) a few months back. They came with a stron...

Worst

This place started out nice, but once they received my payment everything went downhill. WAY DOWNHILL! Scheduling was terrible. Tried to install a month after their own promise...

Warning - Order at Your Own Risk! 7/14/2009

I had a very poor experience working with the people at California Window & Fireplace. I went to them to buy a fireplace door to secure the fireplace from my toddler, who has tried to crawl in. I provided them exact measurements, and after a few days, they located an in-stock door they said would fit. I ordered it, and placed a 50% deposit on the door. When the box arrived from their fireplace supplier, I paid the other 50% and took it home. When I opened the box, I immediately realized that the door was several inches too big and would not fit my fireplace. I called the store before they closed, but had to leave a voicemail for my sales guy because he had already left the store. I sent an email the next morning, explaining the problem and requested a solution. The sales guy told me that my fireplace must not be standard, because the door should have fit. I reminded him that I had provided exact measurements, and then sent him a picture showing him. At first, he told me they might not be able to return the door! Then, after I protested, his manager agreed a few days later to return the door with a 25% restocking charge. I explained again that they made the mistake in sending the wrong size, and reminded him that the door was an in-stock, regular item. I also asked them to show me their retail policy explaining this restocking charge. Usually, restocking charges are for special order items and need to be clearly posted so customers are aware before the transaction. By Saturday, my sales guy agreed to return the door, offered to refund the 75% portion already committed, and promised to get the remaining 25% worked out on Monday. As he was trying to process the refund to my debit check card, he made a mistake and charged me instead of posting a refund credit. Then, he attempted to void the transaction and post the refund again. The result of the error to my checking account was another charge, for 75% of the original transaction, and no sign of the refunds for days. At that point, they had 100% of the original price more

Warning - Order at Your Own Risk! 7/14/2009

I had a very poor experience working with the people at California Window & Fireplace. I went to them to buy a fireplace door to secure the fireplace from my toddler, who has tried to crawl in. I provided them exact measurements, and after a few days, they located an in-stock door they said would fit. I ordered it, and placed a 50% deposit on the door. When the box arrived from their fireplace supplier, I paid the other 50% and took it home. When I opened the box, I immediately realized that the door was several inches too big and would not fit my fireplace. I called the store before they closed, but had to leave a voicemail for my sales guy because he had already left the store. I sent an email the next morning, explaining the problem and requested a solution. The sales guy told me that my fireplace must not be standard, because the door should have fit. I reminded him that I had provided exact measurements, and then sent him a picture showing him. At first, he told me they might not be able to return the door! Then, after I protested, his manager agreed a few days later to return the door with a 25% restocking charge. I explained again that they made the mistake in sending the wrong size, and reminded him that the door was an in-stock, regular item. I also asked them to show me their retail policy explaining this restocking charge. Usually, restocking charges are for special order items and need to be clearly posted so customers are aware before the transaction. By Saturday, my sales guy agreed to return the door, offered to refund the 75% portion already committed, and promised to get the remaining 25% worked out on Monday. As he was trying to process the refund to my debit check card, he made a mistake and charged me instead of posting a refund credit. Then, he attempted to void the transaction and post the refund again. The result of the error to my checking account was another charge, for 75% of the original transaction, and no sign of the refunds for days. At that point, they had 100% of the original price more

No image

California Window & Fireplace 11/7/2005

After checking with friends for referrals and price comparisons, we used California Window and Fireplace in San Jose (on Winchester Blvd) a few months back. They came with a strong recommendation from my friend. We replaced all our windows with Milgard double pane and a sliding glass door too (can’t remember the brand of that one). They did an EXCELLENT job on the installation – very quick, very neat and thorough. They were also the best price of everyone we looked at. more

No image

Great quality of work 8/30/2005

We used California Window and Fireplace in San Jose (on Winchester Blvd) a few months back. We replaced all our windows with Milgard double pane and a sliding glass door too (can’t remember the brand of that one). They did an EXCELLENT job on the installation – very quick, very neat and thorough. They were also the best price of everyone we looked at. Good Luck! more
< Previous 1 Next >
FALL SALE!!!:
15% OFF all yearly plans
Use year15 at checkout. Expires 12/30/2018

Owner Message

  • Products/Services Heatilator,Installation Available,Heat-N-Glo,BBB,Avalon,Town & Country Fireplaces,State Cont Lic 725640,Regency,Zero Clearance,Wood & Gas,Wood,Velux,Patio Doors,IWC,Integrity,Inserts,Gas Logs,Ecosmar

Additional information

  • Hours:

    Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM ; Saturday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
  • Payments:

    Discover, Master Card, Visa
badge