I have two cats. One is 10 years old, and the other is 6. Over the years I have taken them to several Veterinarians for check ups and various illnesses. Recently, my six year old cat swallowed a long piece of curling ribbon that he had taken off of a present that was wrapped. At first sign of him being in distress, I rushed him over to Westover. Dr. Emily took him right in. Before doing any tests, she discussed what her initial thoughts were are far as the seriousness of the situation and what costs could be associated. Dr. Emily and her staff were extremely gentle with my kitty, and wasted no time getting an accurate diagnoses and a plan of action. My kitty needed emergency surgery to remove the curling ribbon that was strangling his intestines and killing him. Dr. Emily explained the surgery, the risks involved, and even worked out an affordable payment plan. Dr. Emily called every day to check on him until he was fully recovered. She treated my kitty as if he were her own child.