Called another Locksmith (Locksmith Pros) first and Anthony's 2nd. !st one was cheaper; $25 to come out and $25 and up to install deadbolt. Anthony's was 85 to come out and $ 125 to install deadbolt.
Ist vendor arrives;
1) I misunderstood quote by dispatcher. Quote was $25 and up to install lock and hardware.
2) Actual quote $ 485.00 by 1st vendor. I mentioned that Anthony's quoted $125. Response. No way on earth technician stated (later found out tech was actually owner) that someone would do this for $50 or even $ 125.00. I asked what they would do for $50 as quoted? No answer.
3) Told him I was not going to have him do work. He wanted 25 cash or credit card and would not accept check. Said only way they would get paid is by mailing a check.
4) Now for the fun part. Mailing address had to be corrected for me to send check. Address not on invocie or business card. Name of company was different than represented. They had not been in business ten years as stated but only one and a half years. Broward county does not require locksmiths to be licensed so anyone can do this. They stated they were insured but refused to produce evidence they were insured. There company was dissolved by the state for failing to file required state documents so the corporation was no longer a legal company.
Called a 3rd company and they quoted $ 150 to install and later changed to $95 to install lock and hardware after I mentioned Anthony's quote. Decided to call back Anthony's since Dean was straightforward right from the beginning.
1) Receptionist transferred me to Dean the owner who explained the charges and quoted the $ 125
2) Alex calls to verify appt. States Dave will be doing call and will arrive by time set for appt.
3) Dave arrives on time as promised. Work was done for guess what. $ 125 just as quoted. Job was professionally done and the area was cleaned up by Dave.
Highly recommend Anthony's Lock in Pompano Beach also known as All Service Locksmith. They do as they say in a professional manner. What else do you want? Spring for the extra money and save yourself a lot of aggravation.
Watch out for :
1) People arriving in unmarked vehicles.
2) Refuse to pay trip charge if quote is vastly different that estimate given on phone. Some contractors will not give estimate so try to find one who will. They want to get you to get them to come out and kill you on price or pay the trip charge.
3) Do not pay by credit card or cash unless the invoices and business cards are preprinted with company name and address.
4) Verify whether contractor is actually liccensed to do the work. Unfortunately for locksmiths in Broward they do not have to be licensed.