My counseling philosophy is based in the emphatic understanding of the different factors that are impacting the person's well-being and functioning in life. I believe that insight, working in the "here and now"; addressing short and long-term goals, and providing coping skills are crucial for emotional growth. I worked as Supervisory Clinical Psychologist at the DC Department of Mental Health. Currently, I work as a Coordinator of Psychological Services at the Baltimore City School System and in private practice at Crossroads Psychological Associates.
I specialize in individual counseling, parent consultation, and psychological assessments. I provide services to adults, adolescents, and children. Assessments include academic problems and learning disability, as well as attention difficulties and personality or social emotional functioning.
I am a bilingual and bicultural clinical psychologist licensed in both Maryland and Washington D.C. I earned my Psy. D in Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychology from James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia. I came to the U.S. in 1996 with 19 years of clinical experience.
* Bilingual Counseling
* Bilingual Parent Consultation
* Bilingual Psychological Assessments
* Bilingual Therapy. I provide a wide range of psychological services,both in English and Spanish.
I have successfully worked with Attorneys in completing psychological assessments for mental health conditions.
* Counseling for Relationship Issues
* Eating Disorders
* Post-Traumatic Stress
* Academic Problems
* Conduct Problems
* Grief and Loss
* Oppositional Behavior
* Consultation for Parenting Issues
* Couple Therapy for Marital Conflicts
* Developmental Disorders
* Personality Testing For Children,Adolescents,and Adults
* Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
* Testing Of Learning Disabilities