The A.L.S. Family Charitable Foundation was started in 2001 in hopes of creating a brighter future for those living with A.L.S. in New England and honors all of the courageous individuals and families touched by this disease.
Over 30,000 people are living with A.L.S. today, a disease that causes a progressive degeneration of motor neurons in the body affecting voluntary muscle control. Those affected eventually lose their livelihood, their independence and ultimately their lives.
We help those living with the disease today celebrate their time left with their loved ones, offering strength, hope and joy through our Patient Programs. We help future generations through financial support of cutting edge research to one day find a cure.. IN HOUSE PATIENT PROGRAMS
* The George Kerr Patient Fund assists patients with financial needs.
* The Health Millward Vacation Fund provides families with vacations or reunions that will allow them to celebrate their lives together.
* The Childrens Program is tailored to meet the needs of children impacted by this disease by providing financial assistance for expenses such as the holidays,back to school shopping,and summer camp.
* Scholarship Fund offsets the financial strain of a college education for a child of an A.L.S. patient.
* The Jan Ferrara Get Away for a Day Fund provides funds for individuals or groups of patients or caregivers to enjoy and outing of their choosing.
* Respite Care Grant Program provides assistance for respite care to patient caregivers. These grants allow the caregiver a break from the rigors of their responsibility.
* Bobby Murray Jr. Communication Equipment Fund provides funds towards the purchase of communication devices.
* FEBRUARY - Texas Hold Em Charity Poker Tournament
* MAY Mothers Day Cruise to Cure A.L.S.
* MAY A.L.S. Drive For the Green Charity Golf Classic
* JULY Dannys Motorcycle Run
* SEPTEMBER Cliff Walk® for A.L.S. on the Cape Cod Canal