My neighborhood was destroyed by a severe hail storm so I hired "All In One Contractors"...which was my highest bidder of five bidding roofing contractors...to repair my roof but I would not rehire or recommend them based on my personal experience as follows:
1) The owner promised me that my roof would be completed in one day...and four other roofing companies completed my neighbor's roofs in only one daynd I even allowed the owner to choose the start date...but after calling me with several delays to the contrary there was a "no show" on the first day.
2) Then the owner promised me a full crew the next day to complete the roof in one day...but to the contrary there was a "no show" on the morning of the second day...and then only a partial roofing crew arrived in the afternoon just in time to setup and take an hour lunch in my yard.
3) Next on the evening of the second day the partial roofing crew was removed from my roof to complete another roof in Cherry Creek...only problem is that the foreman told me while leaving, "We clean-up tomorrow."...so I spent over two hours removing all types of construction trash (waste shingles, old nails, paper wrappers, uneaten food, cigarette butts, etc.) from mine and my neighbors yards.
4) The third day the partial roofing crew arrived late after completing the roof in Cherry Creek...just in time to setup and take an hour lunch in my yard...also on that day I asked the owner to remove a crew member from my roof based on safety concerns which was ignored...and my "one day" roof was still not competed on the third day.
5) The fourth day the partial roofing crew finally arrived in the morning but I had to fix their air compressor before they could start work...also this had been a continuing problem with the air compressor on all three days of work...and the owner did not even offer to reimburse me for the cost of the new spark plug and connector wire.
6) On Monday I reported to the owner that there were "missing" furnace vents, roof flashings, and drip edge...on Tuesday the foreman reported that there were still "missing" several furnace and roof vents...so on Tuesday and Wednesday night I purchased the remaining "missing" items...which I paid for twice in the contract and again at the store...and I was never reimbursed for the additional cost.
7) I special ordered Energy Star Impact Resistant roofing that had to be shipped special delivery from California to Denver...at the end of the job all of the unused roofing materials ($1,000+) were thrown into the dumpster including the special ordered shingles and ridge caps...without even asking me whether I wanted to keep them for future use...which I removed from the dumpster without anyone even offering to help me.
8) Other roofing companies in my neighborhood covered valuable items, gardens, and bushes with large tarps...but "All In One Contractors" did not cover anything with tarp with almost no concern for any potential damage to my home and yard...for example I was surprised at the end of the second day to find waste shingles, tar paper, nails, and other debris had been throw off the roof onto my new redwood decknd the redwood deck was never cleaned during the three days of work.
9) The owner ignored my request to remove a crew member from my roof based on safety concerns...this particular crew member "lost" a full bundle of shingles that fell off the second story of my roof into the side yard and then just left it there for me to cleaned-up both the shingles and damage later that night...also this crew member left uneaten food in my yard, threw cigarette butts in my rocks, misaligned several rows of shingles that you can still see on the front of my roof...and finally broke the drywall in my bathroom ceiling which I also had to repair after completion of my new roof.
10) I felt that "All In One Contractors" had no concern for any potential injuries for myself, my eight-month old puppy, or my neighbor's child...for example numerous items were "lost" off the roof while working, the gates were constantly left open, waste food was left in the yard, and none of the waste shingles and old nails were ever cleaned-up in my neighbors yards...so I had to remove my puppy from home every day and clean my yard and my neighbors yards every night.
In conclusion, it took "All In One Contractors" four days to complete a "one day" roofing job, I had to clean-up my yard and my neighbors yards every night, and I had to fix a significant amount of damage to my home and yard after completion of my new roof...so I would never hire "All In One Contractors" again and I would never recommend "All In One Contractors" for any roofing job based on my personal experience.
RESPONSE FROM All in One Contractors:
Kurt's roof was completed almost a year ago, and he is just now listing his complaint on our web site. We are sorry that he had such a bad experience and that the job did not go as quickly as he expected. The construction industry is complicated, and sometimes things don't go as planned.
In this case, the homeowner was extremely hands-on and wanted to be up on the roof working with our crew. Nobody asked him to go purchase the missing supplies; in fact, they weren't missing at all...they were coming from our company inventory and had not yet been delivered. So he took it upon himself to go out and buy the items and then expected to be reimbursed for it, never asking us about our plan to get the items ourselves. He did a lot of things like that, all through the project. I understand that he was trying to be helpful, but we install hundreds of roofs a year and did not need his assistance. He had certain expectations, and when he didn't see them fullfilled, he would take them upon himself. Weeks later we received an invoice from him of itemized backcharges -- $960 he was deducting from his bill for the time he spent working with the crew on the roof, matierals he purchased, etc.
We did not feel it was in our best interest to take him to Court for the amount, so we let it go. We believe that deducting his bill $960 was more than fair to be considered his "reimbursement." So his allegations that we did not reimburse him are erroneous.
We have addressed the clean-up issues with our crew, and since this happened a year ago, you can be assured that this doesn't happen anymore. Our crew members care about our customers' property and take special precautions to ensure that all homeowners' expectations are met.
Again, we are sorry that Kurt feels this way about our company. We did our best to serve his needs.