I have been here twice, and both times I have left relaxed, without pain and eager for my next appointment!
They are very affordable. They gave me the intro price twice now which was very nice of them.
They really take the time to focus on all the little extra things that make a massage experience more relaxing. They ask you if you want music, have heated tables if you want them, and use essential oils that smell phenomenal at no extra cost.
They took me as last minute appointments, and because traffic was really bad I was about 10-15 minutes late each time and they stayed over for me. May places will dock the treatment time but they were really understanding.
As for the massage itself, I have no words. I have received a massage from shantel and John, and both were phenomenal. Shantel almost has a sixth sense about things- its like her hands can sense where you have pain. John is an excellent therapist if you like a lot of pressure, but all of them will adjust to what you tell them. I have had sinus and migraine issues for a really long time, and after a massage with Shantel I was practically pain-free for two weeks and NOTHING has done that. I had John's massage recently and have been pain-free since then as well......and I can't possibly thank them enough. They all are passionate about what they do, and it shows!
I'm upset that I didn't know about them before and wasted so much money at other massage places only to receive subpar massages. The only bad thing about coming to A Healthy Knead is that they ruined other massage places for me because my expectations have increased immensely.
I will be getting a massage for my mom and tell everyone I know how great they are.
A few of the cons that are REALLY minor:
- the place is hard to find because it is sort of in a nondescript building. Very minor issue.
- technically they have a two dollar charge to use a credit card, but they never actually charged me for this. I don't know if they just made an exception each time or if this rule is no longer in place.
- they can't take tips on the credit card, and I wanted to tip each of them a lot because they were each phenomenal. I didn't know they couldn't take tips until the last time I went, so the next time I go I will make sure to have cash because they are phenomenal.
- John is a phenomenal masseuse with a leader dog. It would have been nice if someone had mentioned this ahead of time- I had absolutely no problem with it but for example I know that a friend of mine is afraid of dogs (bit when she was younger) so a heads up would have been nice. The leader dog is so well-behaved and gentle that he/she won't ever be a problem, but sometimes people have strange phobias that can interfere with their ability to relax.
- after a massage from this place, you will be disappointed with massages from many other locations if you have to get one. They will raise your expectations of what a good massage is!
I have had two phenomenal massages, and will be back shortly! They are just amazing. I don't know which massage I liked better- they were both uber-relaxing and they got rid of my pain!