i used to work here, so naturally when my father got Stage IV cancer i took him to the people i knew...other patients got excellant care when i was there so i thought my father would get the same care...BOY I WAS SOOOOOOOO WRONG!!!! i wouldn't even give them 1 star but i have to or i can't post this!
I chose the nurse so that my dad would have someone with half a brain, this company had a huge lay off and have a completely new staff, so i wanted to choose the nurse, i did...
1. two weeks after seeing my dad she went on vacation and didn't bother to tell my parents that she would be bringing someone with her to train...so that's a shock to have someone else show up to your home without notice...the nurse introduced the other nurse and said that she (the original nurse) would be back in a week
2. after a week the substitute nurse calls my parents to say she is headed there...my mom tells her well we are on our way to chemo so i don't know when we will be back around 4 hours i think...where is the original nurse? my parents were told that she had to train a new nurse at their other location in okmulgee, come to find out it was a nurse that had been there for over a year guess she needed retraining
3. substitute nurse didn't even bother to call and see if my parents were home yet, she just showed up, my parents were litterally coming in the back door of the house while she is knocking on the front door
4. my dad had radiation treatment for brain cancer...he got 2nd degree burns on his head and told the nurse he was in a lot of pain, but the nurse never did anything or said anything about it...she didn't even report it to the doctor!!!!!!!! so my dad suffered for almost a week before i said THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING THAT THEY CAN DO! sure enough a call to the doctor got him some medicated cream to put on his head and neck
5. the physical therapist was NEVER showing up regularly, on his first visit to the house we told him that Friday was a better day because they never planned any dr, lab or anything on friday giving them a 3 day rest! he would either FORGET or tell us that we were supposed to call him for an appt!
6. when i called to complain to the owners daughter, she acted like it was NO BIG DEAL, but said she would get the PT guy out there for sure or have him call us...i told her that i wanted my dad discharged on Monday so since he would still be with their company on Monday and couldn't be with another company until Tuesday (medicare won't pay for a discharge and a start on the same day) and they were getting paid by medicare for that day anyway to send the PT guy out on monday
7. The PT guy called my parents on friday evening around 6pm and said...i am so sorry i forgot...i had you on my list of appts but i just ran out of time to come visit...my mom said so you just don't come even though your running behind...can you come monday you haven't even been here in 2 weeks? he said yes i'll come monday...HE NEVER SHOWED UP!!!
THEY DON'T GIVE ONE CARE ABOUT THEIR PATIENTS!!!!!! i wouldn't take my DOG to them for care!!! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!!!! i WILL BE reporting them to the Health Department!!!!