JavaScript is not enabled.
Unacceptable rude behavior from the manager and the worst steak ever - Review by Sonia D | Tuscany Italian Bistro & Lounge

Tuscany Italian Bistro & Lounge

Claim

Unacceptable rude behavior from the manager and the worst steak ever 12/12/2007

Last night, December 11, 2007, I went to the Tuscany Italian Bistro in the “Paradise” at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, F. It was awful, just about the worst dining experience I've ever had. I ordered one of the specials of the evening, the sirloin steak with vegetables and mashed potatoes. The steak was horrible! When they first brought the plate out I thought it smelled funny, but I decided to dismiss it as an odd herb/spice they might have used on the vegetables. Once I tasted it, I realized it was the steak giving off the rancid smell. After struggling to extricate the 85% of the steak that was fat and tough meat, I was disappointed to find the other 15% tasted as though the steak was old and past its expiration date. I took literally two bites, the second of which I had to spit back onto the side of my plate because it was disgusting. I quickly flagged down what I thought was one of the waiters, as my waitress was out of sight. I tried explaining to him first that I was disappointed that there was so much fat on the steak (since that was my first impression) and then that it tasted weird/bad/old. I was extremely shocked and horrified by his response. I cannot describe how rude and incredibly nasty he was. He pretty much barked at me, saying that that was how sirloin steak was served and that’s how they do it all the time. He scoffed when I said it tasted bad and had a condescending tone that said “what do you expect me to do about it?” I tried explaining to him that I just wanted to let him know that I was unhappy with the steak (which was true, I really wasn’t expecting any sort of compensation), but he didn’t seem to want to hear it and walked away leaving me feeling like I was wrong for even being born (no exaggeration there). My girlfriend who was dining with me and was actually enjoying her meal up until that point, immediately lost her appetite and asked for the check. We then discovered that the man who had just spoiled part of our evening was unbelievably the manager of the restaurant. We paid the $70+ check (sans tip) for an entree she barely ate, a nauseating steak I could not eat, and appalling conduct from the manager. If the fat on the steak had been the only problem it wouldn’t have been cause to complain, (although I’ve had plenty of Sirloins before and while some fat on the steak is acceptable, the amount that this cut had should not have left the kitchen), but the rotten taste of the meat and the inexcusable response from the manager made this my worst dining experience ever. I don’t mind paying more for better quality, but this “bistro” does not deserve anyone’s hard earned money. more
SPRING SALE!!!:
20% OFF all yearly plans
Use spring at checkout. Expires 6/30/2018