1. Why is it two people can go in and have the same person do the same thing to their hair and be charged different prices?
2. How can Steve at the front desk tell people about their hair and best cuts or colors for them when he isn't even a cosmetologist?
3. Steve is very loud and rude in front of everyone. He told a lady that was scheduling a cut that she should think about getting her mustache taken off too. And then told another customer that the cut she wanted would make her face look fatter than it was. Needless to say these two customers did not return there again.
4. I am sure legally Steve, who is the owner’s husband, can wash hair and do comb outs but I would like to be asked first if I would mind. I schedule my appointment with my hairdresser and that is who I would like to do it all. I have known my hairdresser for many, many years and I felt slighted by him washing my hair (in which he got my shirt totally soaked) and combing me out (which he was not gentle about either).
5. The young girls that work there will be yelled at for something they evidently did wrong, and it will be loud and in front of other workers and customers. I feel this is totally improper. And Denyse, the owner, can hear Steve doing this but doesn't say a word, she just ignores it. That makes it just as improper. They are making 40% to 50% of those girls’ wages, without them they wouldn't have the extra income they do. And without the customers, whom I hear more and more are leaving and going to other salons, you wouldn't be in business at all.
6. If I could have my hairdresser back to do everything for me that I pay her for and there was a nice atmosphere in the salon, unfortunely I still would not go back there again. Hearing and seeing the things that I did over many years of going there, I guess I can say I have seen the owners true colors.