I recently spent a half a day @ Gene Juarez in Bellevue for a "Back and Neck Massage" and a haircut. Below are my pros and cons list...
1) I had no problems making an appointment a mere week in advance that suited my schedule for both a massage and haircut. Plus, just 2 days before my appointment I needed to adjust the hours - still, they were courteous and accommodating.
2) Easy to find @ the Galleria Mall with validated parking.
3) The reception area is spacious, welcoming and overall decor inviting.
4) Upon arrival the staff was prompt with getting me acquainted with their facility.
5) The environment in the spa area is serene and conducive to relaxation.
6) My masseuse, Vicki, was professional, friendly and pampering. She gave me a wonderful back and neck massage!
7) After my massage I got a haircut with Mikah who did a pretty good job with listening to what I wanted. She also communicated her plans well before implementing them.
8) Overall, @ the end of the day, I felt pampered.
9) You didn't feel pressured when leaving a tip as their system is to put your tip in an envelope which you drop in a slot @ the check-out counter @ the end of your visit.
10) I also didn't feel any pressure to purchase any of their products (see cons below).
1) Parking is horrendous, then again, parking in Bellevue is horrendous almost anywhere you go.
2) For the most part the staff was courteous and friendly but I think for the price of their services they could've been more attentive. I was in their facility for hours and was offered refreshments only twice.
3) The robe they provided were tattered. I wasn't expecting brand new but the robe I was given had frayed edges.
4) At the end of my haircut I was COVERED with hair and the stylist didn't take the time to address that. Instead, she handed me a dry towel and sent me on my way.
5) I had asked both the masseuse and the hair-stylist to have products I've chosen to purchase @ the check-out counter for me to pick-up but they weren't there and I forgot all about them!
All in all I would go back there again.