a great source for items at low prices. You can get super bargains on small electronics, jewelry and lots of other things.
As for musical instruments, you have to be careful. A lot of what's there is out and out junk. Even the good stuff needs to be monitored carefully, because you could get an instrument that plays poorly or is in need of massive repairs.
So here are my tips for buying instruments on Ebay:
1. Only consider sellers with LOTS of positive feedback. I myself won't buy an instrument from anyone whose feedback % is lkess than 99.5
2. Stick to well known brands.
3. Look for vendors who allow a right of return. Many don't, some do.
4. Look at what similar models are selling for. There might be a reason why this particular one is selling for a lot less.
4. Use a snipe service to place your bid just at the end of the auction. Ebay tries to talk these down, because losing to a snipe really p1ssess off people who don't use them. However, snipe bidding works because it is successful.
auctionstealer.com is the best free snipe service but you only get three free snipes a week.
I've found auctionsniper.com to be the best and most cost-effective paid for service. Here is the link.
Good luck and God bless. Email me if you have questions.