JavaScript is not enabled.
Count your tickets - Review by Ryan M | Dave & Buster's

Dave & Buster's

Claim
No image

Count your tickets 3/21/2006

Honolulu's Dave & Buster's is located in the Ward Entertainment Center. As one would expect, the best time to visit is on weekday during the school year. The food is suprisingly decent, though the noise level around the booths negates any attempt at conversation to those sitting across you. Of course, no one visits D&B's just for the food (though you could, it's that good). Surrounding the eating area are dozens of gaming machines. Approximately 30% of the machines are pure video games, while the remaining 70% are "skill-based" games that reward the participant with tickets. If you're looking for a mental challenge, look elsewhere. Many of the games are simple enough for most grade-school kids to operate (naturally). One cool thing about the machines is that they all operate using a Power Card. You have to front $2 for the card (though they also give you that much in credit), but from then on, you're simply swiping your card rather than carrying a bunch of tokens. It's a win-win for D&B's too -- it's very easy to swipe your card without realizing how expensive your gameplay is getting. Save enough tickets and you can shop in D&B's showroom. Fortunately, you're not forced to count each ticket; an attendent weighs your pile and stores it on your card. Parking is ample, though, again, off-peak periods are definitely the time to visit. more
SPRING SALE!!!:
20% OFF all yearly plans
Use spring at checkout. Expires 6/30/2018