1. They will want their fee up front (around 1500 for me)\r
2. They rarely update you on your case\r
3. They go through frequent periods where no one answers the phone or will call or email you back\r
4. They claim to have been working with IRS, but somehow, the IRS had no notes or other indications that they'd heard from iConic, save for a notation that I was being represented by a particular lawyer.\r
5. So far, I've had to handle every time the IRS has threatened a lien against my property, etc.\r
6. iConic is extremely argumentative on the phone with customers- Very unprofessional.\r
Basically, they will make off with your fee and then not really do much of anything besides trying to parry complaints. Anything you complain about, they'll state is because YOU 'don't think your case is proceeding fast enough', regardless of whether that has anything to do with your complaint.\r
I can't stress enough, get an actual local lawyer or just speak to the IRS directly. They're much easier to work with than rumor would imply.