The Quick and Dirty (Reason for 1-Star Rating): Hubby and I were told they were in-network for our insurance (we found them on our dental insurance website and called them to confirm). After our 2.5 hour appointment, we were told they weren't in-network. Two months later we received the bill. A really big bill. Plus, they x-rayed both of us when we asked them explicitly not to (especially because I was preggers)!
1. Very zen and classy reception area, complete with waterfall
2. Friendly Dentist and staff
3. Lots of parking and easy to find
1. Received three confirmation you-must-call-us-back-or-we'll-charge- you-$100-an-hour-for-your-appointment calls
2. Received the-doctor-will-be-out-on-Monday-can-we-reschedule call the Friday before and then received another two confirmation calls on Monday and Tuesday
3. Told over the phone and at the office that our insurance would cover both of our oral exams, cleanings, and x-rays (we told them ""no x-rays, thank you)
4. Waited 30 minutes for them to check our insurance and twiddle our thumbs
5. Had an oral exam and cleaning: was told I had gum disease and needed five crowns (wow! oddly, no dentist had ever told me this yet...hmmm fishy)
6. Had x-rays even though I requested to not have x-rays while pregnant
7. All whilst my husband sat in his dental chair waiting and waiting and waiting (...and then he got x-rayed too many times because their fancy equipment wasn't working...even though he asked them not to)...and he still never got his teeth cleaned
8. Told we needed to pay the deductible at the end of the appointment (""Wait, I thought you were in-network?"")...so we did
9. Explained the cost of two cavities (one for me and one for him) and five crowns would cost (well over $2500)
10. Received bill in the mail two months later (even though I called numerous times previously to resolve the matter)...a bill I will be contesting (they even forgot to subtract the deductible, haha)
This is the laughable part: not only did they lie and say they were in-network, but they actually thought no matter what we'd want to still use their services and come back again. That's so funny. Why would I go back to you when I can find thousands of dentists through my website that actually ARE in-network?