My husband bought my engagement ring setting and my loose diamond here 3 years ago. Since then we have had nothing but problems with the ring and service at Wilson's.
- When I first got it, the diamond was loose, so we had to take it back.
- When I got it back after they tightened it, the diamond was clearly set crookedly.
- When I took it in for the 3rd time for a rhodium plating they forgot to take out my diamond, and therefore ruined it. I had to wait several additional weeks to get it back (over a month).
- When I finally did get it back from getting the diamond re-clarity enhanced, the diamond was again loose and crooked.
- So, I am now back to square one, waiting yet another month before it can be fixed correctly.
All of this is especially upsetting because they have failed notify me every time something has gone wrong (when they made the mistake on my diamond, they never called until well after it should have been done and did not admit it was their error until I asked). Additionally, they have knowingly allowed a loose/crooked diamond to given to us multiple times, as they were hoping we just wouldn't notice. We were told by an employee that they saw it wasn't set right before they shipped it! (As well as several other dishonest practices.)
All of this hassel has meant I have spent a great deal of time without my wedding ring over the last few years.
Perhaps most upsetting, is the fact that Mr. Wilson, the owner, was notified of all these problems, but refused to compensate us at all for the time and hassel because in his mind we no longer thought of his company as reputable, anyway. He even admitted he wasn't 'willing to try' after all of this hassel. He simply expects us to keep sending our ring off and continue to be without it despite poor workmanship and carelessness. It amazes me how a company can continue to operate this way.
Please don't buy here, you will be lied to and not valued as a customer, even by Mr. Wilson himself!