It is important to put aside time for yourself to maintain and perhaps even improve your personal health and well-being. Stress can leave you with feelings of discomfort and lack of personal satisfaction, drained of energy, fatigued, with a tendency to over- or under-eat. Whether you are experiencing any of these feelings or simply desire to improve your health and fitness levels, the Center for Mind/Body Health offers many opportunities to overcome these challenges and accomplish your goals. The Center for Mind/Body Health offers complementary medicine services that are safe, relaxing, and proven to be effective.
These services include massage therapy, yoga, pilates, T'ai Chi Chih, acupuncture, Reiki, stress reduction classes and nutrition consultations.
Our Practitioners and Instructors
WellSpan Center for Mind/Body Health practitioners specialize in non-traditional health care and provide services as a complement to the care available at WellSpan Health. Our practitioners are carefully selected and must meet rigorous standards of academic preparation, professional accreditation, and philosophy of care. We only offer services that have been clinically proven to be effective. At the center, you'll be assured of receiving the same high quality care you've come to expect from WellSpan Health.
- Acupuncture Helps addictions,allergies,anxiety,asthma,depression,digestive problems,fatigue,infertility,menstrual and menopausal disorders,pain,and stress-related disorders.
- Massage and Energy Work Helps relax muscles,improve circulation,increase flexibility,relieve aches and pains,and may help your immune system to function better. Having a massage leaves you feeling calmer and more relaxed.
- Holistic Evaluations Obtain an in-depth assessment to develop strategies to improve medical,nutritional,family,social,stress and spiritual aspects of your life.
- Nutrition Can help you lose weight,reduce cholesterol,control blood pressure,increase your energy,and address many other health-related concerns.
- Reiki is a Japanese technique of stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.
- Movement Therapies
- Mat Pilates Pilates yields numerous benefits both muscular and mental and many experience positive body awareness for the first time.
- T'ai Chi Chih Promotes relaxation and well-being,relieves tension and stress,increases energy,helps control weight and blood pressure,relieves back pain and arthritis symptoms,stimulates creativity,and brings joy to life while improving flexibility and coordination.
- Yoga Decreases stress; builds strength,flexibility,balance,coordination,and endurance while improving blood circulation.