Why can't Walmart be clean with professional employees. Why?
The worst Walmarts I have ever been to were located at:
1300 Des Plaines Ave (at Roosevelt Rd)
Forest Park, IL 60130(708) 366-3608
4650 W North Ave (at Kilpatrick Ave)
Chicago, IL 60639 (773) 252-7465
I need to know why the Walmarts located in Chicago are filthy with unprofessional employees?
It's not just one employee, it's all the employees and the overall condition of the store is terrible.
This is what I have experienced:
1) Employees talking loudly about their personal lives, or gossiping about their co-workers.
2) Employees using their cell phones in the store and restroom (texting, taking pictures, talking, etc.) Isn't employees using a cell phone in the store against store policy?
3) Employees telling their personal lives to customers. (One employee told me about her diabetes. One talked about her kids at home. One felt compelled to tell me about her cheating boyfriend. I did not initiate these conversations and preferred to not hear about it. One told me about how frustrated and tired she was.)
4) Filthy products being stocked for sell. (Why are employees not cleaning off these products?)
5) Filthy restrooms.
6) The store is in constant disarray.
7) Regardless of how long the line is in customer service, often there is only one person helping customers. If lines are long there should always be at least 2 people working in customer service. The excuse that someone is "on break or at lunch" is not justification to keep customers waiting.
8) The worst thing I have seen are customer service employees arguing with customers over a return when the customer has a receipt. This holds up the line. I have seen customer service employees talk to customers like dogs. Arguing with customers for 5 or 10 minutes and the customer has a receipt for the return.
9) The employees at these locations are extremely argumentative and if a customer ask them a question they become annoyed, impatient and angry, especially in customer service.
10) Employees using profanity (there was a time an employee would get fired for that).
11) Employees eating snacks and working at the same time.
What will rectify this? Can Walmart fix these problems?
I prefer Walmart over Target because Walmart is cheaper, but at least Target is clean and usually the employees are not rude or obnoxious.
Why can't Walmart be clean with professional employees?
Pros: low prices
Cons: everything else (prices are increasing)