If you find yourself turning up the volume on the television when others seem to have no trouble hearing, chances are you may have a hearing problem. Portage Health’s Hearing Services, also known as Portage Health Audiology, provides hearing healthcare services to patients of all ages. Our goal is to help identify auditory dysfunction and improve the hearing and communicative abilities of our patients through diagnostic evaluation and rehabilitative intervention. A patient’s initial appointment typically consists of an audiologic assessment to determine the hearing status of the patient and the general health of the patient’s auditory system. Based on this evaluation, recommendations are made to the patient and/or family regarding options available for improved hearing and communication. Some insurances (including Medicare) may require a doctor's referral..
What do we have to offer?
- Comprehensive audiologic evaluations
- Auditory brainstem response testing
- Otoacoustic emission testing
- Hearing aid evaluations,sales,fittings,education and maintenance
- Hearing aid battery sales
- Pre-employment hearing screens and occupational hearing screens
- Selection,acquisition and orientation of assistive listening devices (i.e. personal amplifiers,FM listening systems,telephone amplifiers,alarm/warning devices,etc.)
- Ear impressions and fitting of custom earmolds used for communication headsets,hearing protection devices (industrial,recreational,shooting),swimplugs,and music products (in-ear monitors,earplugs)