We hired Vacinek for a roof install in September/October of of 2010, and also to do interior work from a flood we suffered a month prior. We over-paid for the roof, but figured it would all work out with the work they were doing inside. The roof came with a 10 year guarantee. Our estimate included 6 feet of ice-shield, required by law in our section of the country. They did not clean debris, nor did they clean the gutters of debris after the job which caused incredible build-up, ice-jamming, ans over-flow. The roof leaked constantly throughout the winter, causing incredible damage to parts of our interior. The interior projects were also done to below-standard quality. They have refused to come and repair their shoddy work. They have not honored their guarantee. Upon inspection of the roof by two unbiased professionals I hired, we discovered that they never installed the ice-shield that we paid for and NEEDED to be installed. THIS HAS CAUSED THE LEAKING!
I have tried on multiple occasions to reach them to resolve these issues. I originally wanted them to just honor their word and repair their shoddy work, the damages done by their improper roof install, and replace that roof and properly install a new one the way it is supposed to be by law. Now, I have gotten to the point that I am so upset by the lack of communication and their belief that they ""got away with a fast one,"" that I think damages should be paid out as well for my time and the hassle we have been through. I would be happy to have them just do the work that they were originally supposed to do, but to do it properly. I would have to watch every step, and would have another professional there to inspect as well as their work quality has proven poor in the past.
I have filed a complaint with the BBB, because they cannot be allowed to do this to clients.
I was utterly shocked by what can only be described as the laughable response by ""Vacinek"" to our claim through the BBB. I suppose that they feel lying will be sufficient. It appears that they claim that we did not pay in full for their work, and describe the matter as ""in litigation."" I will be happy to furnish to the BBB, as well as Vacinek, the courts, and the media the following documents and materials:
- orignal work estimate for the roofing job with 10 year guaranty and installation of the ""ice-shield"" detailed
- both the invoice and receipt of the payment of $7,800 (as well as the receipt of the $100 down payment - total of $7,900) for the roof installation, which was payment in full
- full pictorial and movie evidence of all damage caused by Vacinek, as well as work not completed
- receipts and copies of checks for every payment to Vacinek
- a written statement from their owner from April of 2011 wherein he not only confirms that the roof was poorly installed, but that it caused extensive interior damage to the house
- a document signed that same day wherein the owner of Vacinek stated that final payment was received in good order
- print-outs from their website declaring that all employees are strictly background checked and that they do not hire sub-contractors, as well as the names of two sub-contractors they hired to work in my home (one a convicted felon, and the other who stole over $800 from me)
In regards to so-called litigation, while we have retained personal counsel in this matter who has attempted to reach out to Vacinek to merely facilitate the completion of the work they were contracted to do properly, as well as the repairs necessary, we have not yet commenced litigation, nor have we ever received any correspondence from an attorney representing this company.
We have contacted the BBB in the hope that Vacinek would follow through on their warranty as well as both their verbal and written assurances to repair both our roof, exterior, and interior damage caused by their faulty installation of a proper roofing system on our home.