I started coming to Trader Joe's now that they've opened up in my neighbourhood. The plaza they picked was one that I rarely visited except to visit Ben Franklin's or the Starbucks. I rarely went to the QFC located in the plaza because I prefer the location at Bella Botega (more open parking space, less cramped feeling in the parking lot)
First, regarding Trader Joe's :
1) The prices are reasonable considering the quality of the food. I know that I'm buying goods that are wholesome at Trader Joe's.
2) For the person in your life (if not yourself) who is allergic to many staple foods like wheat and dairy, this place has a variety of products that are safe for their diet. It is awesome.
3) The staff are friendly to help
Some of the things you'll have to put up with :
1) The parking lot is a bit cramped now that Trader Joe's is there. As well, they built a new set of shops that is also attracting customers. The exit of the parking lot closest to Trader Joe's is a nightmare for turning left out of (which is the direction i usually need to go in) -- i suggest taking a different exit out of the lot even if you have to the longo way out.
2) When i first went to Trader Joe's i thought everything was organic. HOWEVER. I was wrong! Make sure to pay attention to the price tags and make sure you are buying what you think you are. Even still, i found that organic or not, all their products are of high quality and comparable in prices to some items you would find in normal supermarkets. I generally like to come to Traders for specialty items or else fruit and veggies -- sometimes meat.