Dr. Sheridan is an exception to this review, she provided excellent care to our child.
For the REST of them, however, the story is not so good. Among the issues we've had with PolyClinic:
- Holding my child down on an observation table inspecting her ear for infection... to the point that the tool was stuck so far in her ear that she bled and screamed for an hour afterward.
- Failing to notify us that they had moved buildings before our appoitnment, causing us to be 5 minutes late, resulting in us having to sit in their lobby with a sick child for over an hour.
- Refusing to treat reflux in our infant, telling us to "just enjoy your baby" after several visits (we were able to recieve actual treatment from a different pediatrician.)
- Frequently waiting for more than 60 minutes after we'd been taken back into an office waiting for the ped. to arrive.
- Inconsistent advcie on immunization treatments, schedules, etc.
This staff is either grossly overworked, incompetent or both. We've visited PolyClinic for the last time. I recommend you avoid them if you want your children to have a positive experience with doctors in their young lives.