RENTERS BEWARE!! We were required to follow the condominium board rules even though this was not explicitly stated to us, or provided to us, in our lease. Here are the many unfortunate issues we had during our high-priced short-term month to month lease term at The Orchard:
1) The first day I parked my vehicle in my driveway, I found a note from ""an owner"" stating that I couldn't park there!
2) Our two beautiful dogs got very ill from sewage water running into the pond in front of our unit - they had licked their little paws after walking through it in the parking lot. The smell was horrible and it took several days and numerous complaints to management with no response before I had to call the DPW myself to get it cleaned up!
3) There are no rummage sales allowed whatsoever.
4) You cannot park any recreational vehicles, including even a small trailer on the premises.
5) There is very little sound proofing between floors. We can hear our neighbor upstairs walking around, vacuuming (very loud) opening drawers, running their dishwasher (very loud), running their washer and dryer (very loud), even taking a shower and making love.
6) After paying a $2000 deposit, including pet deposit, we were told that really only one dog was allowed - our two beautiful, akc bred, master trained, pet ""children"" were the reason we chose the Orchard!! And, when we asked for the doggy doo doo bags to be replaced at the pet station we were told, ""don't you know they cost money?"" You'd think for $1600 a month you could get a small plastic bag when needed!!
7) there are multiple phone jacks in the unit - none of them work!! We have one phone line that is operable through the router box provided by AT&T U-verse.
8) a hinge was missing on the front door and the master bedroom door would not close and lock - it took two weeks and several phone calls to get any response from maintenance.
9) the beautiful evergreen trees bordering the units are all dying due to neglect. It is so sad to see this.
10) There are open foundations with dangerous wires sticking out - for planned future expansion (with no planned date for completion) that present a dire hazard to children and pets that may fall over their steep ledges. There should be a fence around them - we were told that people just needed to be careful and watch their own kids!
11) All of the concrete and blacktop surfaces are crumbling after just 4 years and the current condo owners are in an uproar over this.
12) The condo association members seem outwardly friendly, but in reality are not your friends at all. For example, if your hobby is buying and selling vintage collectibles, you will be accused of running a business out of your home which is against the rules.
13) The management tapes notes to your garage door so if you're gone for three or four days criminals know that you're not home. We've seen notes on doors for 4 or 5 days inviting potential criminals to enter.
14) Every month over the last 6 months, one of our names has been spelled wrong on our monthly lease. That shows how non-customer focused The Orchard management really is.
I could go on and on about our experiences here. Each month we just kept hoping it would get better as we were told by management it would. But in the end we are now very happy to be moving to a beautiful well-maintained dog and family friendly home in the 'burbs away from this nightmare. I am writing this purely to help other RENTERS BEWARE!! God Bless and Good Luck.