As owner of The Animal Hospital On Mt. Lookout Sq., I find it imperative that I comment on Mary J.'s post below. Firstly, he did not accompany his aunt, the cat's owner, and therefore was not privy to the conversation. Although she was not an established client of our hospital, we told her we would gladly accomodate her however it would be at least 30 minutes before the veterinarians were to arrive for the scheduled morning appointments. We advised if she wanted to be seen sooner, it might behoove her to go to the emergency clinic approximately 10 minutes from our hospital. She elected to stay and wait for the Drs. to arrive.
It was determined by the bolodwork run with her approval that her cat had chronic kidney disease along with a significant heart murmur. However, her problem causing the "emergency" was due to her severe periodontal(gum) disease.
A detailed estimate for the dental procedure was given to her. An injectable antibiotic that would help control the dental infection until the procedure could be performed was also given to the cat. It would last for 14 days so she would not be burdened with having to medicate her cat on a daily basis. She scheduled the appointment for the dental procedure before she left, but then called later to cancel it.
The owner decided to return to her regular vet and for some reason, he repeated the same bloodwork and charged her for diagnostics that were already performed at our hospital. He could have just called our office and we would have faxed the results to him, so there would be no need for her to pay twice for the same bloodwork. In addition, our opinion did not align with his. We requested that we talk to him so we could work together to determine the best treatment plan for her pet. To date, this dialogue has not occured and unfortunately we feel that after the antibotic that we gave runs its course, the initial presenting problem will recur.
Read more: http://www.rateitall.com/i-347158.aspx#ixzz0v79os5Sf
Read more: http://